BLOG #3, Hey guys, this month was extremely short considering we had spring break and a week to work on our content knowledge and integration task. We did not really cover much in class, but I still learned and did things on my own to better myself as a future teacher.
Guys look what I received this month! EDTPA!!!! As a education major edTPA is extremely important. EDTPA is the educator teacher performance assessment. This test measures three components planning, instruction and assessment.
Planning: Can you plan a lesson? Can you plan a group of lessons?
Instruction: Assessed on your ability to teach the lessons that you have planned.
Assessment: Your ability to assess your students.
Most states are required to take edTPA and score a specific number.
During the month of march we have been focusing on a lot of the same things I mentioned in the previous blogs. In class we have been discussing edTPA and the importance of it. While revising our 6 point lesson plan, philosophy essays, and task power points at home. Outside of class, I am learning and prospering daily. Today in class, we got to see a pre student teacher come in and teach the class. Ms.Meade did an amazing job. She used almost every component of a 6 point lesson plan and demonstrated it in ways that I think I can learn from. From seeing Ms.Meade teach this lesson I gained more knowledge on ways I can teach in the future. Everyday I learn ways that can help me improve my teaching abilities. For example, in my 6 point lesson plan previously I had a worksheet on it because I was brought up on doing worksheets. EDUC 250 made me open my eyes to see that a worksheet can work, but it is not the best option. A child cannot learn from a worksheet, some may but not all. They need all three learning experiences. Sound, Sight and Touch! These three things definitely makes a difference and it is vital that we use these in our future classrooms.
I did not really learn anything new about the NCTCS within this month. But I have been gathering information and studying the former notes that I had on NCTCS to better familiarize myself. I have been building on what I already know about each individual section and looking at ways that I can incorporate it while I am teaching. I believe that it is very important to be the best teacher possible. Yes, I do think you have to be strict at times but I believe it is important to build a bond with your students. You have to let your students trust you. Behind the scenes, I am studying new ways to present my lesson efficiently. I do think as we move on from EDUC 250 and go into step 2 our lesson plans will become better than these are now. I can not wait to further explore what each education class has. Theres a little over a month of this semester left and it is truly flying by. While the semester is coming to a end, each assignment due date is coming closer. This is honestly making me nervous because it is time to finalize things! It is crunch time..................
Guys look what I received this month! EDTPA!!!! As a education major edTPA is extremely important. EDTPA is the educator teacher performance assessment. This test measures three components planning, instruction and assessment.
Planning: Can you plan a lesson? Can you plan a group of lessons?
Instruction: Assessed on your ability to teach the lessons that you have planned.
Assessment: Your ability to assess your students.
Most states are required to take edTPA and score a specific number.
During the month of march we have been focusing on a lot of the same things I mentioned in the previous blogs. In class we have been discussing edTPA and the importance of it. While revising our 6 point lesson plan, philosophy essays, and task power points at home. Outside of class, I am learning and prospering daily. Today in class, we got to see a pre student teacher come in and teach the class. Ms.Meade did an amazing job. She used almost every component of a 6 point lesson plan and demonstrated it in ways that I think I can learn from. From seeing Ms.Meade teach this lesson I gained more knowledge on ways I can teach in the future. Everyday I learn ways that can help me improve my teaching abilities. For example, in my 6 point lesson plan previously I had a worksheet on it because I was brought up on doing worksheets. EDUC 250 made me open my eyes to see that a worksheet can work, but it is not the best option. A child cannot learn from a worksheet, some may but not all. They need all three learning experiences. Sound, Sight and Touch! These three things definitely makes a difference and it is vital that we use these in our future classrooms.
I did not really learn anything new about the NCTCS within this month. But I have been gathering information and studying the former notes that I had on NCTCS to better familiarize myself. I have been building on what I already know about each individual section and looking at ways that I can incorporate it while I am teaching. I believe that it is very important to be the best teacher possible. Yes, I do think you have to be strict at times but I believe it is important to build a bond with your students. You have to let your students trust you. Behind the scenes, I am studying new ways to present my lesson efficiently. I do think as we move on from EDUC 250 and go into step 2 our lesson plans will become better than these are now. I can not wait to further explore what each education class has. Theres a little over a month of this semester left and it is truly flying by. While the semester is coming to a end, each assignment due date is coming closer. This is honestly making me nervous because it is time to finalize things! It is crunch time..................
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps

I love reading your blog! I'm glad we got to slow down this past month, but looking back, I realized I learned a lot. We got the opportunity to let the information settle in. Being able to see Ms. Meade teach helped a lot in allowing us to take ideas from her lesson and put into our lesson plans. It also allowed us to see where we will be in two years!
ReplyDeleteI love the way you added a picture in this months blog! one of the things that i have learned going along with what you mention on edTPA I learned that states choose what grade you have to make on edTPA to be able to teach in it. I found that interesting because I thought it would just be the same grade accross the board. Also I agree March has gone by so fast! this year is almost over and I can't wait to see what the future has in store for all of us in the elementary education department!
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed your blog! I loved how you discussed edTPA and its importance. I completely agree with how you said students should have the opportunity to learn outside of just a work sheet and how you were focusing on sound, sight and touch. I agree on the importance of using those three learning styles within our future classrooms.
ReplyDeleteJasmine,
ReplyDeleteYes, last month was very busy (as March always is!). I am glad to see you were positively impacted by Angela's lesson- - were you able to see any NCTCS connections during the lesson or during our edTPA discussions?
Great Post! I share in the feeling that last month felt super fast! I agree with your opinion about worksheets! I used to not see the harm in them but now I see how much more you can teach without depending on a simple handout! Students have a chance to interact and experience things to help the knowledge grow! Can't wait to see how you plan to use several learning styles in your lesson!!
ReplyDelete