Hey guys! I know it feels like forever that I have not posted a blog but trust me I have been incredibly busy. During the month of February, Education 250 students as well as myself had to go on three clinical's. One to a elementary, the second to a middle school and lastly, a high school. Through these clinical's I have learned a lot! I have gotten the chance to sit in a classroom with teachers and witness how they taught their students. This helped me to understand how to get control of your students, the proper necessities to teaching a class and the proper steps you go about teaching a student. As I said before in the last blog, I would like to become a elementary education teacher. Somehow I thought visiting a middle and high school was not going to be beneficial to me but it was. As you go on visits, you start to notice that everything students do was influenced by their childhood learnings. Within our classroom, we have been steady taking on multiple task! Although, it may feel so overwhelming it is certainly helping us understand what it takes to be a great teacher. Recently, we had to do three tasks to unpack the north carolina standards. This included, the revelation and methodology task, teacher leaders task and diversity task. Each of these focuses on a specific part of the NC standards. While unpacking it, we learn how to responsibly put what it says to do into action the accurate way. Learning these three tasks can help us in our future classroom. For example, learning the importance of safety, importance of knowing the curriculum, importance of teaching students high school graduation is vital, etc. Each of these tasks helped us gain knowledge on how to display all the things necessary and important in our future classrooms. We are constantly learning in the classroom. Everyday in Education 250 it is guaranteed you will learn something new, no doubt! Each learning experience relates to the NCTCS. I feel as if the more I attend more classes in Gardner Webb Education Program, I witness why this program is the best. Everyday we are unpacking a different standard expanding our knowledge. Along with this, I have been doing outside research. I am from New York, everything that I research on North Carolina’s standards I research in New York, just because I think that one day I would like to teach there. A deep connection that I have made throughout this month has to be our diversity task. This is because your focusing more on individual needs and how to provide that need to children. Individual needs are extremely important because not every child learns the same. You would have to find that child's need and cater to it. It is also important that you know how to do this. The diversity task brings you closer to this. My month of February was so LONG, but so worth it. I learned so much information this month and it honestly makes me excited. I am loving education! Just not so much of the stress, but that is another story…….
OH MY GOSH! You guys cannot believe this!!! We made it through EDUC 250, well not yet but were almost there. We have one more official class day until we have our meetings with Dr. Parker. I can truly say, all the frustration, sleepless nights and stress has been worth it. In our classroom for the month of April, we began presenting our lesson plans. For most of us, this was our first time actually teaching in-front of a class. I presented my lesson plan last week Wednesday. I was absolutely nervous. I made sure I provided a safe environment to the kids. (2a) I think my lesson was planned pretty well considering there was not much to do for natural resources. (4b) I do think I could have gave my students a little more time to do several things. Looking away from my lesson plan, I think we all learned from each other. As we saw each one of our classmates teaching to us, we saw the creative and different ways they chose to teach. Last week, Dr. Parker brought in a student...
I can see that you have learned a lot in Education 250 so far! I agree with what you said about how our observations in the schools helped a lot and gave us perspective. I liked how you research the standards that we have here in North Carolina and compare them to the one in New York. How are they different?
ReplyDeleteJasmine, February was certainly a busy month! However, I am glad to see that you see the value of the work we are completing in class! Keep on making those connections to your future classroom!
ReplyDelete