#BLOG1 Stepping into the class EDUC 250 has brought an immense change in my life. This class is overwhelming but it is also challenging my brain and preparing me to be a amazing teacher! I love the energy this class gives as well as brings.
This class makes me strive and use my brain in every way possible. Dr.Parker always says once you get into "the classroom no day is ever going to be the same." I completely agree and I am certainly sure that begins now. Walking into EDUC 250 every Monday and Wednesday you do not know what your task is going to be. It could be a easy day or even a challenging day. Never the less, everything we do prepares us to become the best teacher ever!
We have seen many different learning styles in the classrooms. For example, us writing twitter post after each class. From this we get to see what our classmates learned or found fun differently from us. We always find an environment that is comforting to our lesson for the day. For example, when we did a "walking lesson". This was a new experience for everyone. Though it was new, everyone loved it and it was a new learning style we enjoyed.
The assignments that we have to do all relate to the NCTCS because Gardner Webbs School of Education is making sure they are giving us material directly from what the state wants teachers to do. This is very impactful to us because we are getting a view on what we will have to do/know in order to be successful North Carolina teachers. For example, the 6 point lesson plan. This can help us with our future classrooms because this is real life things we have to do.
As assignment and assignment goes by, it may get harder and harder. But I do not regret taking this class because this is only going to help us in the long run! I cannot wait to see what the rest of the semester has in-store for us!
This class makes me strive and use my brain in every way possible. Dr.Parker always says once you get into "the classroom no day is ever going to be the same." I completely agree and I am certainly sure that begins now. Walking into EDUC 250 every Monday and Wednesday you do not know what your task is going to be. It could be a easy day or even a challenging day. Never the less, everything we do prepares us to become the best teacher ever!
We have seen many different learning styles in the classrooms. For example, us writing twitter post after each class. From this we get to see what our classmates learned or found fun differently from us. We always find an environment that is comforting to our lesson for the day. For example, when we did a "walking lesson". This was a new experience for everyone. Though it was new, everyone loved it and it was a new learning style we enjoyed.
The assignments that we have to do all relate to the NCTCS because Gardner Webbs School of Education is making sure they are giving us material directly from what the state wants teachers to do. This is very impactful to us because we are getting a view on what we will have to do/know in order to be successful North Carolina teachers. For example, the 6 point lesson plan. This can help us with our future classrooms because this is real life things we have to do.
As assignment and assignment goes by, it may get harder and harder. But I do not regret taking this class because this is only going to help us in the long run! I cannot wait to see what the rest of the semester has in-store for us!
I agree with you on this class being some what difficult, but in the long run it is helping us become the best educators possible. once we finish school of education we will be prepared for having a classroom for oursleves. I feel like the differetn activities that we have done in class are more so learning activities rather than learning styles. Although you can use this activites to help children with different learning styles. I really like how you mentioned not regreting taking this class, I feel the same way. It is challenging but all this work will pay off in the end!
ReplyDeleteI totally agree with what Dr. Parker was saying about "the classroom no day is ever going to be the same" as well! The class is going to get challenging as we go along, but I know that we will appreciate everything in the end. The activities we have been doing has really helped me see the "birds eye view" of what is going to be like when we start getting well educated and what it's going to be like in sinaroes of teaching. The skills that we have been learning in class has helped us all! Im grateful that we have this class, and I can't wait to see what is in store for us as well!
ReplyDeleteJasmine,
ReplyDeleteI am glad to see you understanding how important the class work really is! Teaching in 2018 is very different than what teaching used to be and I want to be sure you are fully prepared to be successful in your own classroom. In future posts, be sure you are following the blog checkbric carefully and including specific information.